View Single Post
Old 11-11-2011, 06:32 AM
Zhillslady
Banned

I'm not a professional but I FMQ for myself and as a sideline to support my quilt habit for 6 friends in local group. To say someone is not a professional if they don't quilt whatever you send is really unfair. If I get a top the borders are wavy I will not quilt it as I know it will look bad when finished. If I get a top that the borders are smaller than the center and it will have pleats, I won't quilt it as I know the finished top will not look good. And under no circumstances will I quilt one that has open seams. I check religiously now as I did one recently that my FMQ foot found the open seam before I did and when it caught tore a hole in the quilt top before I could stop. While it wasn't my fault I remade the top as it belonged to a friend.

Keep in mind that many people that do FMQ don't judge you, they just don't want to give you back something that doesn't look nice and you feel cheated. If you send it in saying quilt it "this way" and I'm not worred about finished project they will probably quilt it for you. Also keep in mind that if they have to do things like repair seams, square up backing, etc there is an addtional charge.