Thread: Quilt Odyssey
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2009, 05:35 PM
Lisanne

I went! I was the one whose mouth was hanging open to the ground.

It was my first ever trip to a quilt show. I've heard it's not as large as some, but I think I was actually overloaded by all the artistry there.

I was tickled to recognize a few quilts that I've seen pictures of on the Internet. I'm hoping someone will post a few of the ones at this quilt show, because there were some dazzlers and I couldn't find my digital camera to take along.

Anyone have special favorites? I can remember four that blew me away. Two were snow scenes, one of a snowy woods and one of an old-fashioned town. Amusingly, both were done by women in hot climates, one in Florida and one in Texas. A third was a picture of four elderly sisters, so painstakingly detailed that every shade of light was captured with a different fabric. Very tiny pieces, tons of quilting stitiches. My absolute favorite was another woods scene in summer greens, browns and blues. Well, many more blew away than those four, but there are too many to even mention.

I aspire to make really good quilts, but I don't think I can even aspire to make quilts at that level.