Old 11-11-2011, 08:28 AM
laffygiraffe

Default funny stuff

I have made some funny stuff.
I made a tuxedo for a 3-month-old baby for my husband's cousin to take her baby to Senior Prom as her DATE I based it on a onesie sleeper and matched her dress with the cumberbund and tie. It was adorable and he was the HIT of the Prom but the principle was NOT amused.I have a picture somewhere, but how to download it? I need a genius.
Then I made my son an Indian headdress and breastplate for a contest. He won first place and then ate most his costume, since it was mostly dyed bread. Again, a genuis to download.
When my husband retired from the Navy and went to work for the Feds, I made him some ridiculous ties. There were several different camouflage ties, the Groucho Marx nose/mustache tie, the flannel baby animals tie, the Mexican flag tie, "just say NO" tie, Frogs, French love letters tie, pieced/quilted ties, a tie with his baby picture printed on the fabric. He was a hit!
My favorite, I made a cake hat for a hat constest, and won first place. It was based on a small basket with a cardboard brim, and was mostly plaster-of-Paris over the base with cake frosting over it and candles burning on my head. My daughter-in-law was behind me with a fire extinquisher. I DO have a picture of that online and will try to download it later.