Old 11-11-2011, 08:43 AM
Candace

Originally Posted by melinda1962 View Post
I bought a hopping foot by accident (it is the all metal one and was in the attachments with a pfaff machine I got for $10) and tried it out finally. I had always just machine quilted with light pressure and still had pucker issues, and mostly SID because of it. Well, that hopping foot is amazing. My husband got tired of me saying, look at this!! when I was first using it and learned to FMQ. I keep threatening to read how I am supposed to FMQ but what I am doing works, so I just keep on going. I guess I cheated on that, because I enlarged some of the pics on the quilts page and just semi-copied them. The last two baby quilts I did, I was so proud-not one broken thread or tangle, just one continuous line of stitching.
Yes, the 301 does GREAT FMQ. I've spent probably 4 or 5 hours over the last few days FMQ with it and I was very surprised. I knew it was a great piecing machine, but I have a new appreciation of why quilters love this machine so much. Guess what? I came home with another 301 this week. Of course it didn't work, and of course the seller said it did, as they ALWAYS do. You just have to assume it doesn't and refurbish it. The tension is in pieces being cleaned but I'll take pics later!