Old 11-11-2011, 10:12 AM
vintagemotif

Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
Ok Jon, the picture of the Hale Crescent on the newspaper ad, is my machine - the cabinet looks exactly like the picture. I wish I could print out the newspaper article, but when I try it comes out 'tiny.' I have tried re-sizing the article, but it still comes out tiny! I want to put that article in the paperwork with this machine! Thank you so much!

Now what makes you think it is a Davis? My Free has the same chain lift on the cabinet, so does my National Two Spools? My Davis Vertical Feed uses the flip lid, not the chain lift? I am just curious, I am not doubting you. This machine definitely is the machine pictured on the newspaper article.

Nancy

Why I think it is a Davis over a National is the body shape of the machine. Look at the shape of your Two Spools versus the Davis. On left side of the machine where the thread gets threaded through for the tension/guide, the shape of the body looks like the Davis. Then on the right, the two bolts looks like the bolts found on the Davis. National Two Spools does have that.

Nancy, Please post a picture of the left face plate area so that we can see that area better. I'm curious as to how the thread is guided through.