View Single Post
Old 11-11-2011, 10:42 AM
Lucio

Originally Posted by irishphoenix View Post
Hi there- yes I see what you mean about the harp-I do my own quilting and it's something I would really like to get into more seriously-have just started quilting.I just did a large throw on my ordinary one and used up all the arm space- showed up in the stitches.
The 7700 seems like a good choice- the dealer also has the Pfaff Expression 4 but he tells me it is not as strong as the Janome.There is a big price difference between the 7700 and the Pfaff, with the Pfaff being quite a bit cheaper by around 400 Euro's- which 550 dollars?cheaper..its embroidery stitches are a bit bigger and it has a few extra features. So don't know if this is the case or the dealer wants to sell me the more expensive Janome.
I am taking in some quilt swatches next week to try out. Does anyone agree that the Pfaff is less powerful or problematic or is that 'dealer talk' ?
Anyway thanks in advance everyone !!
Please do not consider the Pfaff until you have read all the complaints about it on this web site. It is riddled with problems. I absolutely loved my Pfaff 7550 but the Expression 4.0 is a piece of junk. There's a very good reason it is much less expensive. You can't go wrong with a Janome. I have the MC 6500 and the Jem Platinum for classes.