View Single Post
Old 11-11-2011, 12:22 PM
IAmCatOwned

I love making scrap quilts but hate living with them. They are too busy for me. Fortunately my mom and sister love them, so they get them. I made a depression era quilt entirely out of half square triangles cut from scraps. This is queen sized and it has thick batting and is tied with wool.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]286364[/ATTACH]
I also made this one that features a lot of Halloween leftovers. Again, thick batting and wool ties.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]286366[/ATTACH]
Finally, as part of a challenge a few years ago, I made this smaller and cozy quilt that my mom uses for naps. It is entirely from scraps including the flannel backing, binding and ties. This had been a mystery project, so the pattern is a little muddied, but I still totally love that piano key border.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]286367[/ATTACH]

I am currently working on two quilts to use up those HSTs that keep multiplying in their container. I had to buy one fabric for each one because I have no background fabrics in my stash. Having a plan for your scraps makes it easier to process them a little at a time instead of having to tackle bags and bags all at once.
Attached Thumbnails 147468413.jpg   207734943.jpg   377419023.jpg  

Last edited by IAmCatOwned; 11-11-2011 at 12:25 PM.