View Single Post
Old 11-11-2011, 01:46 PM
irishphoenix

Hi Quiltnlady1-do you know, this is so exciting, I am going into the dealer on Monday-he is about an hour away from me. I have heard nothing but praise for the Janome machines. I am really grateful to you all for helping me..this is such a great board.
TBH I wanted to do my research before I went into the store because when you try the different machines out, certainly for me as a relative newcomer, they all have something to recommend them- especially when you see them all lined up and in showroom condition, all shiny and new. I didnt want to go on looks alone or how they behave on the day..this is a machine that is going to have to last me a long time and will get quite a lot of work from quilting as well as a few other wee jobs.
I have to say the accufeed sounds great.. I love the lighting with all of the lights as my eyes are not great I am afraid lol. My current machine is just an entry level one that I bought in August and the trade in for the 7700 doesnt seem too bad-around 1000 of your dollars for the 7700. As yous ay, its on special at the moment, so I decided I would really like to have this now as my rather expensive Christmas present!
I also like the idea of monogramming, although I believe the stitches are not too high, but a nice little extra all the same.