View Single Post
Old 07-31-2009, 07:06 PM
Lisanne

I came back because I'd forgotten to ask what you meant about the printed fabrics (that's below), and you'd already responded. Thanks for taking time to answer all my questions!

In response to your "HUH" about the Australian sheets, I remember getting them at Macy's, which was selling "special shipment" of the Australian linens for quite a pretty penny.

I was getting lost in all our quotes and responses, so I'm just copying and pasting this one:

butterflywing wrote:

Do you know the country of origin? when you say prints, you mean the old dye jobs, yes, they were gone. they were not replaced until those awful prints/patterns became available.

What I forgot to ask before was, what "awful prints/patterns" did you mean? When I started buying sheets, I was getting florals where they were all intertwined, kind of a medieval look although some were kind of '60s mod. Marimekko was big back then, too. I stayed with mostly florals through the years. Chintz florals got big in the '90s. I never noticed any problems from the dyes, but I gather they had harmful chemicals? I'm surprised I never noticed anything in the news about it. Anyway, were all the large prints the "awfuls" you referred to?