Old 11-11-2011, 03:53 PM
Havplenty

i have some know black that has never soften up and it picks up everything so i just use it in small pieces in quilt projects.

i had to throw fabric away at one time GASP!! but now it would be difficult to do. i make pet pads and give to the animal rescue groups as i know those volunteers come out of their pockets for so much stuff. also the animal rescue groups will take large fabric pieces (they use in pet cages) or donate to a second hand store and someone will buy it or do a pif on this board with the caveat. i'm sure someone will find another purpose for unwanted fabric.

Originally Posted by texpat45 View Post
Oh, yes! I have one of those pieces of fabric now...had it for 4 or 5 years...haven't thrown it out...yet....but everytime I see it I'm sorely tempted. It's 6 yds of Kona Black...and I detest the stuff. Brought it home, washed it, dried it and both selvage edges ravelled out the entire 6 yd length. Had to pile the stuff on the bed to fold...it's thick...2-3 times thicker than any 100% cottan fabric I've ever seen and, wrinkled like a dried apple, and has picked up every thread and piece of lint within 3 miles. I've washed 2 or 3 times more - it just keeps wrinkling and picking up lint. Lint rolled it, tried dampening and ironing. It's junk and one of these days I'm gonna toss it.