Old 11-11-2011, 09:05 PM
jljack

Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post

Heehee, I drove 1 1/2 hours one way to pick up the Two Spools in the parlor cabinet. On that rescue, I spent the day in Salinas and had lunch since I had never been to Salinas. I believe Miz Johnny has stories of traveling even farther for a machine...or maybe that was her friend that traveled across the US.
What 2 machines are you getting? And I'm sure you have room for another machine! Go for it!
Hahaha!! I can't do it this weekend, and I HATE driving into L.A. area...too much traffic!!

Quiltncowgirl and I are doing a trade....you might remember I have the cabinet that goes to her Singer VS2...my 66 Lotus was sitting in it. I debated with myself for weeks over it, and decided that I could find another cabinet I liked, have her buy it, and then swap so she can have the VS2 cab back. So we're doing that trade. Plus, I found some irons in her area to make a base for my Davis VF to be in so I can treadle my old girl....she's ready...all cleaned up, oiled and ready. So, my DH is going to put a wood top on the irons and custom rout it out to fit. So, that's 2. And with the first treadle base I am swapping with her, I get the bonus of a 1956 Singer 15 (I think!). So....too much to do this weekend. Can't go after the other machine. Too many projects!!