Old 07-31-2009, 10:35 PM
nellebelles

My sister and I have what we call "the 3 project rule". If we have three projects going, then we can't do anymore until at least one of those is done. Well...that seems great--in theory! I am trying really hard to get down to three projects :shock: ! I have said no to several BOM's that I would have liked to participate in, but there are these UFO's waiting to be done and I am seriously trying to get down to three! And then once I get there, I want to set a budget for myself for my quilting stuff (tools, fabric, etc.) so that I don't go overboard again. I tend to say yes fairly quickly to my family for projects they ask me to do (for example, I just finished a quilt for a raffle for my mom's church, all except the binding and I will do that next week or
so...). Those kinds of things get in the way of finishing my own projects--not that I am complaining--it is all labors of love--and I enjoy the process. Once I am able to get down to the three project rule, I will most likely have a hand applique quilt going, a charity quilt going, and a pieced one for a family member (trying to plan quilts for each grandchild--we're up to 22 grands now and not even half of them have quilts from me yet!)