Old 11-11-2011, 10:17 PM
jtquilts

It is obvious that I did not read the last several posts very closely or I would have posted sooner for you! Now you can see if your notifications are working!

Not too long ago someone asked if anyone had thought about or started or made their 'life quilt'. First, I didn't realize what they meant. I have made for my DH a quilt with squares depicting important times in his life and we call it his Life Quilt. Then I realized the person meant what you would consider your quilt of greatest accomplishment. Second, I don't think I had ever thought of a life accomplishment quilt! I have thought of it from time to time since then, though. I also saw a post of the Little Brown Bird quilt and I am in awe! I love applique and that would be an accomplishment!!! I have recently been given quite a bit of fabric that all blend together wonderfully that I wondered if it would work for a LBB quilt. After pondering it for a bit I don't know that they would be just right. Along with all of the fabric were several books and one is an applique quilt that isn't quite the same caliber as LBB, but, I am drawn to it and my fabrics will work wonderfully!

For the past two years in Feb. I have gone to a local quilt retreat. They are offering two classes this year and I do not care to do either classes but I love the uninterrupted quilting time so I plan to go this year. I will take several UFO's and if I haven't started my 'life' quilt I will take it to work on. And my PH quilt will go, too, if I haven't made great strides by then!