Old 11-12-2011, 05:36 AM
Sierra

I told my DH about the magnetic screw and bolt, etc. pans that someone talked about on QB. He came home one day with 2 about 6" circular ones and 2 retangular (from the auto parts store) that are big enough to hold my scissors, ripper, etc., etc. They are both an answer for this rather unorganized quilter (when I'm quilting I concentrate on just that... until I need to find where I put the ripper, or little metal ruler, or...... The circular ones are soooo great for tossing pins into when pulling them out as I sew. Just toss them in that direction. I have 3 of the magnetic "pincushions you can get at the quilt store but they've all been dropped and are taped trying to hold the pieces together. The metal shop ones have stronger magnets AND they are heavier and I use them as weights when I need my quilt to be flat. Just like the LQS magnets you have to keep them away from the computer end of your sewing machine (which is no problem since I hit it close enough with a pin even if its 12" away)!

I'm going to watch this thread, you bet!