View Single Post
Old 11-12-2011, 05:50 AM
Sierra

I also liked it w/ or w/o and liked all the sashing except the yellow. My concern here is why you are so involved? I've raised toooo many kids and I really think your daughter ought to be making her own decision. Kids usually know right away what they want. Can there really be a "wrong" way to do it? Sometimes we can become quilt police (or for whatever is invovled) and not let the child go with their own inclinations. I'm probably really off base with this and if so I apologize right now. I have a daughter who won't let her daughters leave anything until it is perfect (not even homework). They go along with it (its all they've ever known) but children need to make mistakes, or not the "best" decision ... they really learn more that way than if they are guided every step. This quilt design looks great, the specific color of a sashing (if any) should be her decision only. Only we older folk need opinions at times (well, kids may also, but not nearly so often if they have been encouraged to do their own thing).

Last edited by Sierra; 11-12-2011 at 06:00 AM.