View Single Post
Old 11-12-2011, 08:42 AM
Retired GI Jo

Default A Hunter's Foliage

This quilt was quited by Cole, Charisma's son. She posted pictures of it, but her lighting did not bring out the true colors or the pictorial aspect of the fabric. I mailed it out a few days ago after finishing the binding and label. A young friend of mine was recently sent to Afghanistan. He loves to deer hunt, which has just started here in WV. I had wanted to make him a quilt ever since I heard he was being deployed, and was going for RWB, but I realized when looking through my fabric, that this would be perfect for him. I hope it serves as a gentle reminder that he is loved and missed, that even though he missed this hunting season, there will be one next year. I do hope it comforts him. He is only 20, a very good young man, but did not have the best of teenage years with a stepfather. Cole did a good job on the quilting, although in retrospect, perhaps I shouldn't have sent him a pieced back. He will make a great quilter like his mom. He had a very fast turn-around. Thanks, Cole!

Joyce--Hope the pictures attach. This is my first time!

PS The pattern is called "Call of the Wild" from the book Easy Nine-Patch Quilting by House of White Burches. Very simple, but if you have the book, be aware that there is a cutting error written in this pattern. Thank goodnes I didn't get very far cutting before I discovered it.
Attached Thumbnails matts-quilt1.jpg   matts-quilt2.jpg   matts-quilt4.jpg   matts-quilt5.jpg