Old 11-12-2011, 09:11 AM
IAmCatOwned

Well, I'd have to say it was my Mom's embroidered quilt with all the state flowers. She finished the top, quilted it, and stopped at the binding. It is so old that Alaska and Hawaii were not states yet, so this was a UFO from roughly 1956 (older than me). I finished it about 5 years ago for her, so I guess it was a UFO roughly 50 years or so. Despite getting it done, she won't use it because "it's too nice". It will be going up on a wall in the next two years - I want her to enjoy it.

My personal oldest UFO that has been finished was a Tall Ships wallhanging. This was an early quilt for me and I believe my first attempt at freehand. The top went smoothly, the quilting did not. I tossed it into a bin in disgust. Finally got all the bad stitching out and completed it last year. I'd estimate roughly 16 years as a UFO.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]286728[/ATTACH]

My actual oldest UFO is a 1000 pyramids charm quilt that I started collecting squares for back in 1992. The top is done, finished last year, and it is ready to be quilted (2nd in line). Still haven't decided how to quilt it, but it's in 3 sections to make quilting easier. It has about 1,200 different fabrics. [ATTACH=CONFIG]286729[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 383659778.jpg   trianglesprogress.jpg  

Last edited by IAmCatOwned; 11-12-2011 at 09:23 AM.