View Single Post
Old 11-12-2011, 11:02 AM
TeresaPendino

Originally Posted by hspirit_99 View Post
i would love to join in but i dont have anywhere near the yds for just the one color. i am going to bookmark this and see what happens along the way. so nice of you to do this for the board. i guess i could use what i have right now and get the hang of it. sending you a pm
I so understand about the yardage. I have found that the above estimate is incorrect for a King. My King will be 108x108 and feel it will be close to 50-55 yards by my calculations. There is no way I could afford cotton fabric for this. I love the look of the muslin & it is much cheaper at $1.99/yd. When you make these blocks & hold them up to the window or light, it has the neatest illusion! I would use what fabric you have to learn the block, maybe do a table runner or small pillow to see what you think. Takes 8 blocks for a pillow. (2 - 4block units)

Would love to see what you come up with. I will be glad to help in any way I can.
BTW: you are more than welcome. I should of put this thread in the tutorials but the tut was an afterthought.