Thread: Quilt Odyssey
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2009, 05:51 AM
mpspeedy

I thought the quilt show was nice but! It keeps getting smaller. I went looking for YLI handquilting thread and continious line stencils. I had a hard time finding either. I got one stencil and two spools of thread and two pieces of fabric. I spent as much on admission and lunch as I did quilt stuff. Many of the quilts in the show I have already seen at other shows or in magazines. I didn't like the lighting either.
I got some really bad news. Those of you who have been to the Spring Show in Lancaster know it is one of the largest shows on the east coast. The lady who ran it for years is quiting. Unless someone steps up to the plate there will be no more spring show.
I like the shows because it is the only place you can shop from a wide range of vendors. We have a few shops within a reasonable drive of my home and accesable hours, but nothing local now with fabric except Joanns. As a handquilter I like to feel the fabric before I purchase. I have gotten a few things on line but that is always pot luck. The older I get the more reluctant I am to drive at least an hour to shop at a real quilt or fabric store. I fear in this economy quilting stuff will get even harder to find.