View Single Post
Old 08-01-2009, 06:10 AM
Feathers

Board member "JDAVIS" showed her quilt "Hot Flashes" and said she didn't have a good place to photograph her quilts. It looks like the clothes line she used works great and her pictures is wonderful ...I don't have a clothesline but wish I did for the quilts but also to hang my clothes out to get that wonderful fresh smell from line dried clothes...I digress!

My tip is from a photographer who came to our quilt group to give us tips on how to photograph large or small quilts to the best advantage.

Outside Photos:
1. Always take pictures with the sun over your LEFT shoulder for the best light and least shadow.

2. For large quilts, LAY them over a bush in the yard, drape them on a fence or hang them on the side of the house. Quilts laying flat on the ground or floor will usually give the quilt a distorted look and the colors of the quilt will not show up as well as in a raised or hanging position.

3. Natural light is always better than flash lighting when picture taking

4. Always take several pictures of whatever your subject. Moving even an inch or two forward or back or to the right or left will sometimes make a world of difference.

These are just a few of the hints this photographer gave us. Maybe there is a "pearl" of info here that you can use that will help you in your photography.