View Single Post
Old 11-13-2011, 06:47 AM
Roxanne

Default scrappy quilt show--my pineapple

Originally Posted by phylklos View Post
Roxanne, your pineaple quilt is stunning!!! Was it your own invention, or are there suggestions out there for me somewhere? I only do scrappy, having been gifted with several peoples' stashes of scraps! Keep up the wonderful quilts! Don't you lovethis thread & all the pics? Phylklos
Hi Phyllis and thanks for the compliment!

I was given a bundle of foundation papers with this pattern on them and didn't have a clue what it was or how to assemble it. I sent a picture out to the board and as usual these wonderful ladies immediately identified it as a pineapple and gave me pics of theirs for examples. I still made lots of mistakes in the variations of light and dark, but even so I liked the scrappy look. I'm having difficulty with the new format, so I'm not sure how to direct you to "old" search posts, but I'm sure somebody here can tell you how to get to the posts on pineapples and you'll see some beautiful examples. I also don't know a lot about the pattern, but mine was paper pieced and I know you can put it together with or without the foundation papers. Good luck if you choose to do one--it was really easy and used up a lot of scraps.