Old 11-13-2011, 07:12 AM
candi

Exclamation A simple quilt I'm progress for six months and I don't know what to do with it...

I had a beautiful pansy FQ in my stash and another one yard of a different pansy print, I matched a few more FQs from my stash and designed this quilt to use these fabrics up. I also wanted to practice HST and flying geese in the process so I came up with this. I wasn't too fond of the quilt top, but thought I'll proceed to quilt it anyway. Well, that was back in May, I quilted and absolutely hated the quilting I did, I stared at it for a couple of days and then decided to rip the quilting and redo..to this date I don't know why since I have no plans for the quilt. So I spent the last six months ripping this quilt, five minutes here, and ten minutes there ( a very BORING process,lol) and I finally finished ripping the quilting. So last week, I decided I wanted to practice swirl quilting on it (hubby suggested that since this one is already a redo maybe I should do some quilting that I am comfortable with, so I won't be tempted to rip again, lol) but in my head I thought I am just going to roll with it and just accept whatever it ends up being. And so I did, I am fine with the way it turned out, even though it is not all correct, it is better than the first quilting, so with that outcome I am pleased. And ever supportive hubby declared the quilting my best yet isn't he nice? So I bound the quilt and it is ready for use, except I don't know what to do with it, lol. It is 47" square, what do you think? Does it make a good baby quilt?

A close up of the quilting: