Thread: mini work
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2009, 09:46 AM
cutebuns
Power Poster

Let me see if I can answer everyone, The minis are fun to do, I tend to like blocks with a lot of little pieces anyway so this is just something that I do without thinking. The little pieces are not that hard to work with if you do it the right way, I strip pieced it so it is working with long strips and not itty bitty squares. Pressing is a key in this they are all ppressed open, I can't imaginnd the buld that pressiio one sside wouud create, I will take a picture of the back to show you what it looks like, yet again I have more fabric on the back than the front.

Working with this size is not harder than the big pieces, just different. I don't pin, pretty much never do, I can't imagine pinning on every seam, I just did bit by bit and the seams are not long so they don't take that long to do. Time wise it takes less as the seams are shorter.

I am going to sign up for the doll quilt, jsut haven't gone there yet to sign my name.

I do live in the middle of a farmer field in Canada. it is great living out on the middle of no where, I live just outside of Edmonton AB

So thank you everyone for your kind words, It was just something that I was playing with. I have some two inch strips that I am cutting and will be playing with, I am going to be working on a couple of tuts here for people that are wondering abbout soome of the stuff that I have done and will be doing. Some are ggn to be mini style as that way I don't go through so much fabric and the time is cut down. There is a long list so I hope to do one or two a week in between everything else that I am doing and playing with. I am also trying to prepare a mystery quilt for those that are interested in that kind of thing. And coming soon, I will be doing a bingo game as well with the help of a friend. so either PM me if you want to join in or go to my pda page and sign up there.