View Single Post
Old 11-14-2011, 06:22 AM
Betty J

Up until 15 years ago I only ever had one machine at a time. I had three Singers previous to owing my first Janome MC6000 which my husband purchased as a Birthday gift in 1984. I kept this machine until five years ago. I guess I almost wore it out. My husband bought me my first embroidery machine, a MC9000 in 1996 for our 30th Wedding Anniversary and he bought me the Janome MC10000 in 2001 for our 35th. I loved the MC10000 so much that I traded my MC9000 on another. I gave one of the MC10000's to my daughter and replaced it with the Brother Quattro 6000D. In between these machines I got the Brother PR620 which is a multi needle embroidery machine, also a Janome 6500P and the Little Gem, which I take to Quilting days. I love the ease of use of all these machines. This year my husband gave me the Janome MC7700 Horizon as a Mothers day and Birthday gift. I intended to sell the Janome 6500P, but once I installed the Horizon in my sewing room I decided that it was never going to leave the room because of its size. Hence I have kept the 6500P to take to quilting retreats. My husband has been involved in the purchase of most of my machines, so I am most fortunate. I would love to upgrade my MC10000 to the New MC12000 Horizon.........maybe in a year or two's time. I sew most nights and some days. I have been sewing since I was a child, mostly clothing but Patchwork, quilting and machine embroidery open up a whole new world. With clothing choices and quality not to my liking I am finding that I am going back to making clothing for myself.

I am getting the upgrades for my Quattro for our coming wedding anniversary...45 years.

I also have a Bernina Overlocker and Babylock Evolve, both gifts from my husband.

I also have a Singer Treadle that is a treasured keepsake from my Grandmother who earnt a living dressing making on this machine after she was left widowed with three children.

I know several machines sound like an indulgance, but I wouldn't change not having them. They are all loved and well used. When my sisters vist they never need to bring a machine.

Last edited by Betty J; 11-14-2011 at 06:24 AM.