Old 11-14-2011, 07:08 AM
candi

Originally Posted by Grambi View Post
Very pretty! I bought some cheaper-than-Shiva paint sticks but haven't tried them yet. I seem to remember reading or hearing someone complain about the smell not going away, even after heat setting. Did you find that to be an issue? They are so expensive, but they look beautiful on fabric. I almost splurged on a package of them at the.Houston Quilt Show.
Bambi, I love your avatar
Well, the only time I thought the smell was strong was when I was pressing the blocks down to heat set them, I read somewhere to heat set on the wrong side of the block over a towel, so I did that, I held the iron down on each section for a minute and by the time I was done, I wasn't smelling anything any more. I'm sitting right next to the table runner and don't smell the paint. I held it to my nose, lol, and there is a faint smell, but I haven't washed it yet either.
And yes they are pricey, I am searching for the best deal on them to give Santa the link, lol, and I am finding that prices vary greatly for a site to site, but deftly much cheaper at art stores versus quilt stores.
What brand did you buy? Do let us know how you like it when you get a chance to try it.