View Single Post
Old 11-14-2011, 07:37 AM
SoozeeDoozee

Originally Posted by slmeyer View Post
I am a longarm quilter and I have never turned away a quilt. Although most quilts I've seen are very good, some are perfect, there are those that are nightmares to quilt. When I see one that I know will be a problem I gently explain up front to the customer what problems I might encounter in quilting their quilt such as areas that won't lie flat. I tell then that if they don't lie flat and even when ironing, they will likely not lie flat and even once on the quilting machine. Many times I can quilt some of the problems out, but I can't guarantee. If they made it and are receptive to suggestions I can give then tips to help prevent this next time.The most common problem I see is wavy borders.
I have never seen a nightmare from someone that has pieced the quilt that was brought to me. I have seen several horrible ones from relatives that are not quilters. Example--"Aunt Mary died and I found this in the attic. Can you quilt it for me?"It's unbelievable what you can find in those attics. Aunt Mary left it in the attic for a reason--it was a nightmare! Take it to your longarm quilter and ask if there is anything you could improve on your next quilt. We are always own own worst critics. I'll just bet your quilt is gorgeous.
uh huh... have one of these aunt mary's... but i'm still going to try to work with it