Old 11-14-2011, 09:18 AM
Snorky Lvs2Quilt

I have to laugh when you mentioned letting someone go ahead of you in line at the grocery store when they had few items while I had a cart full....... I let a gentleman go ahead of me for that reason, then the next person to come up behind me only had one item, so I let them go also.....then lo and behold another person with one item came up and actually asked me if they could go ahead of me....so sigh, I said yes. I guess the checker that was supposed to be at the 10 items or less register called in sick so that line wasn't open (this was before self-check). All in all I let 7 people go before me. I guess they saw that I was letting those with few items go and kept coming to my lane. Finally I had to say no, that I had somewhere to go and couldn't let the whole store go in front of me. Then I felt bad for doing that so I left $5.00 with the cashier to apply to the person behind me's order. I have also paid for someone's order behind me in the Starbuck's drive thru line. And I specifically ask if I can help someone in those electric carts in the store if I can help reach something for them. Pay it forward....I always say.

Diane