View Single Post
Old 11-14-2011, 11:58 AM
delma_paulk

I make a broccoli casserole:

20 oz frozen or fresh broccoli, 1 can cream of mushroon soup, 2 eggs, 1 Tbsp finely chopped or dry onion flakes,
1/2 cup mayo , 1/2 cup sour cream, 1 1/2 to 2 cups shredded cheese, 1/2 to 1 stack of Ritz crackers, smashed.

mix all but 1 c cheese and Ritz crackers together and put in sprayed casserole. Top with crushed Ritz and cheese and sprinkle over top. Bake at 350 about 45 mins, maybe just a bit more.

Broccoli Salad:

Make dressing first so it can set and meld: 1 to 2 cups of good mayo, stir in 1/4 to 1/2 cup sugar or Truvia and let sit until
other things are mixed.

Broccoli florets, fresh and cut in bite size pieces
Cauliflower florets, fresh and cut in bite size pieces
red onion, coarsely chopped
craisins or raisins (I like Craisins)
broken pecan pieces, coarse
crispy bacon, chopped coarse (or use Hormel Real Bacon Bits from pkg)

Mix together, add dressings and mix until all dressing is distributed, put in serving bowl, cover with plastic wrap, put
in fridge at least 2 or 3 hrs to meld.

I never have any of this salad left. When I take a large bowl to church suppers it goes right away and people will say "I didn't get any".

I have used this as a first course salad and as a side dish, always a hit.

I did not put measured amounts as I just mix up how much I think I will need of the broccoli and cauliflower (sometimes make it without the cauliflower), then add other ingredients to go with the amount of vegs I have.

Hope this will help, delma