Old 11-14-2011, 01:07 PM
Weedwoman

Originally Posted by auniqueview View Post
You are my hero. I read 32 or 33 machines and started really laughing out loud. I am almost afraid to look at machines, especially with cabinets, these days....and I only have five cabinets sitting around taking up space, and maybe a couple more machines, but they seem to breed. A friend has already suggested I open a museum. Now, it wouldn't be so bad, but I also had to bring in another cedar chest, a quilt rack.....you get the idea. And I used to think how much wasted space I had, lol.
Well, your 'hero' certainly has a serious addiction but not planning on rehabilitation (unless it's rehabing a cabinet, lol) I just love the old machines and will always bring another one home. My husband is the best because he's always finding them and giving me a call asking if I want them. He can clean them up and get them running like new and he even rehabs the cabinets too. He had to take the top off a Davis cabinet and attach it to a singer cabinet and irons so I could use my Davis VF. He's a wood genius and loves a good challenge, thank God. I will be collecting machines until they plant me and the bad thing is we raised three daughters and not a one of them give a rats rear about sewing. Go figure.... I'm hoping at least one of my grandsons marries a girl that would love to learn and continue to love and care for the old ladies (including me) lol