Old 11-14-2011, 03:45 PM
wendanik1

Originally Posted by Cre8tvlwyr View Post
I have a PC - sorry can't answer the Mac question Wenda. As for the amount of fabric - I figured out you probably need somewhere in the neighborhood of 28 fat quarters and an additional 7 yards of background fabric[s]. You could use a selection of off-white or white variations for the background [or darks - whatever you choose.] There are 7yards of fabric in 28 fat quarters. So - if you were to get 'fat eighths' you would need 56 of them and so forth - just figure you will probably be needing a total of approx 14 yards - 7 + 7contrasting background. I wouldn't stress too much over whether you have enough in the beginning myself. The blocks taken individually require so little fabric & finish so small, that you will not have a problem adding another fabric at a later time. Just remember Jane Stickle had no resources to pick up lots of the same fabric. Seriously, if you wanted to, you could go into your scrap bin and do each block out of something you already have and it would look spectacular!

Welcome to the group!

Anael - GREAT attitude!! I love it! The joy is in the journey and we all succeed because we take that journey and try -- and it at least needs to give us pleasure and relaxation!!
Gus

Thanks so much, you guys for all the info. It helps to have so much info from such a great board!!
Wenda