Old 11-14-2011, 07:16 PM
fatsewcat

Hi everyone - Just thought I would drop in say Hi and introduce myself to this thread - I have been appliqueing for a long time - started out by doing satin stitch on the machine to recently (like within the last couple of years) to doing needle turn applique. I am currently working on a big Koi Pond project for a friend. I even spent four hours recently just putting the markings on one little fish. I don't know if anyone is sharing their work on this thread because I have not went back and read through 77 pages worth of posts but if I can figure out how to get some pictures on here, I thought I would share a couple of those fish with you.

I would love to see pictures of other works of applique that any of you have done.

ETA: Ok figured out how to add pics - yeah!

As you can see - the marking have been needle turned appliqued, and the fish will be needle turned appliqued onto the quilt when I get to that point. Out of 15 fish this is just a few of them that I have ready for fins to be added. I still have 2 more fish that I am currently adding marking to. I like doing applique as much as I like doing hand quilting. I can take it anywhere and I am not stuck sitting in front of the machine when I want to be near my family or watching (listening(lol)) to my favorite tv show.

Last edited by fatsewcat; 10-05-2022 at 09:09 AM.