View Single Post
Old 11-14-2011, 07:17 PM
reneaunoel

I have a Singer 223 (purchased from a co-worker for $25 many years ago) which needs a new motor and weighs a flipping TON (especially hard on toes!). I purchased a brand new Kenmore computerized a couple of years ago, lot's of basic embroidery stiches, love it! And Last month, got myself a Husk/Viking Sapphire. Got home, unboxed and embroidered the Quilt Label. I did read the manual first, but was very proud of that label. Will be taking the free "get to know your machine" class next month at the store. I don't know yet how much I'll like it, but I love the space the more open throat gives me! I'm starting to Free-Motion quilt and the Kenmore and Singer were really difficult to maneuver fabric in! I was thinking of passing the Kenmore to my daughter, but I'm thinking she may get a good Singer for Christmas and I'll keep the Kenmore for "everyday" sewing! After the class, I may be more comfortable with the "fancy" machine! Now I just need to actually setup my craft room, with cabinets and tables to work on! Always something more to do. And something wonderful to dream about!