View Single Post
Old 11-15-2011, 12:03 AM
arizonagirl

Originally Posted by IrelandDragonQuilting View Post
Robyn I sure hope you get to feeling better! Being in pain is just sucky! Perhaps this new doctor will have new ideas that might be more benefitual, hugs go out to you!!
I have only been going to this current Dr for about 6 months now. She was so much better than the high priced fancy pain management office that I had been going to before her. There I only saw a nurse practitioner at my monthly visits. The first time I saw a Dr there other than when I went in for a procedure, was after going there for 7 months and I ended up in the hospital because of them and demanded to see a Dr. Then Dr was back pedaling and try to change what I had been told on prior visits. When I had procedures I was taken into the procedure room and while I was being prepped, an unknown Dr would say this is what we are doing today and lets get started. This new Dr actually examined me at every visit and asked questions. The poor girl felt so bad having to tell me that the office was closing. She said that they have dealt with this office on prior occasions and thought that I should do alright there. My only concern is that it not be like the prior place I went to that only wanted to do costly procedures all the time, which they happened to be able to provide in their medical procedure part of the clinic. They drained my savings and I had nothing to show for it. On top of it they were over charging me my out of pocket cost and I had to fight with them to get almost $1000.00 of my money back from them. Thank goodness I read my EOB's from the insurance company. Oh and the really funny thing is I just got a bill from them for the MRI's that I had done with them last October. I had to pay my share up front before they would do them. And I did pay up front and have proof. Now I have to fight with them about this bill.

I'm really glad that DH went with me to my appointment today. He had mentioned to her that he noticed that if I had to go to the ER with a bad migraine that I also got some relief in my back and neck pain for a little while. So she prescribed a low dose of morphine as a new pain medication to try. This is one of the drugs that they treat my migraines with at the hospital. I'm hoping that this will help.

I also want say thank you to everyone for their support and for listening to me about my woes.