Old 11-15-2011, 03:06 AM
miriam
Power Poster

Originally Posted by barbz689 View Post
I'm new here, I recently joined a few days ago. I think the old sewing machines are so unique and interesting. I don't know why I' so drawn to them?
Just BEWARE, it must be the sewing machine oil... get it on your hands and it gets into your blood - makes you want old sewing machines - highly contagious - some people get vaccinated by a sewing machine needle at an early age but the vaccinations do wear off... some just let it run it's course - some catch it by hanging around here and reading. This is very contagious. You'll know you caught it when you read CL or go to garage sales or thrift stores or prowl around in your mother's attic or stand by her sewing machine and start to drool. The drooling is the scary part - it is uncontrollable. Before you know it you won't have any room in your house without a sewing machine. Your children will want to have an intervention. You will have to sneak the machines into the house and hide them so DH won't know another one has taken over. But maybe, maybe DH will catch it too.... In that case he will bring them to you, unannounced because they followed him home and you will let them in the house, the garage, the attic, the basement or a shed - maybe even a storage unit.... you are warned