View Single Post
Old 11-15-2011, 06:19 AM
She In PA

I am in charge of the meetings for our guild this year. We always have a block of the month this is seperate from our program. They pay 10cents to get a block pattern and what colors to use. They make them at home during the month as many as they want to make. They bring them in the next month and their name goes in as many times as how many blocks they made. Then they draw a name and that person gets all the blocks. Now for programs. I had one from a lady who did mission trips and taught quilting on them and did a power point. One on Scappy quilts and how to organize your scraps and patterns and showed some quilts. I'm having one on art quilts and the use of Lutradur. One of the really fun ones I'm having is 3 members are going to about 15 to 20 members houses and taking a picture of their sewing room. Then I will make a slide show and they will have to guess which member belongs to each sewing room. The one with the most right will get a prize. I'm having a NQA judge talk about all areas of judging. Some talk about the history of quilts or the underground railroad. A talk about Dear Jane Quilts. We have a 2 ladies who started a Electric Quilt group that meets at Panera Bread once a month and she has done a program on EQ7. We have 2 workshops a year, spring and fall. Sometimes we get a nationally known teacher and sometimes it is someone from our guild. We just had the 1600 Jelly Roll Race. Hope this helps!