Thread: Help with sign
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2011, 09:48 AM
LeslieFrost

Your sign and booth appearance are great! But I would not count on getting enough calls from folks who saw you to keep your business going. The standard advice is that you must constantly be reaching out. I would say that you should certainly look for another show and then others in the future, until you have such a stream of repeat business and referral business that you don't have time!

Did you offer your customers the chance to sign up for your emails? Do you have a Facebook page that you can use to communicate with folks? You said that your memory bears were successful. Maybe you should try to get your local newspaper interested in a soft and fuzzy story about the bears.

I sold Longaberger baskets at one time, and I was terrible at carrying out my own advice! I loved talking about them, meeting new people, but came to dislike the constant need to reach out and ask for more business. For me, this was a sideline -- my 'profits' hardly paid for my own purchases! But if you want to make this a real moneymaker, you'll probably have to keep hustling for quite a while.