Old 11-15-2011, 11:18 AM
IrelandDragonQuilting

I just wanted to touch on the comments left by some about these are everyday things. GREAT! That is very awesome that these items you do everyday, now my challenge is to go above those 'everyday' things. The ideas I put in the first post were just suggestions. I have noticed a lot of beauitufl stories that have gone far above what I have done, so now I am challenging myself to do more within my means. One story I have is..

When I first got my job that I do extensive traveling for as a Safety Officer, I was headed down CO 13 between Meeker and Rifle. I came upon an accident, the pick up was rolled, and things thrown all over the road. A small white car was stopped so I thought perhaps drive on till I get a cell phone signal, but something didn't feel right. I turned back around on the icy road, as soon as I turned around the other car took off. I got out of my vehicle, the gentleman was laying on the snow covered ground, making panic noises, I grabbed every coat and piece of clothing I had in my vehicle and covered him, when another vehicle arrived, two men, one stayed with me the other went to a local ranch house to call for help. I noticed on the other side of his pick up was a dog, a cattle heeler laying in the snow. I went and covered the dog with a near by horse blanket that the dog probably used in the back of that truck. I went back and knealt down, and I talked to the guy, as I spoke to him he seemed to calm for a moment and then went right back. I actually yelled at him to reach him through his shock, it was so incredibly cold. I knew he was warming up, steam was coming out from beneath the coats that now were getting stacked up. then the gentleman asked if I would help him up... nope... he got up by himself, he seemed to be coming back a bit more, when the ambulance then showed up. When the medics were dealing with gentleman I went back to the dog, she was in a great deal of pain it showed in her poor eyes, but she also looked at me with something else. I stroked her head and talked to her, the medics seen me talking to the dog and I asssumed they were going to take her too. NOPE, they left her, just then the sheriff was heading back to his truck. I stopped him, I asked what about her and pointed to the dog, he stated he didn't realize she was there and headed back for her. I went and sat in my vehicle, now the realization of my standing out in negative degree weather with no coat was taking effect, the sheriff deputy with the dog all bundled up in his arms and the horse blanket stopped by my window. I reached out and patted her head again and she gently licked my hand. Your welcome I told her. The deputy said that if I would not of mentioned her to him she would of been left behind. Just wanted to share this story with you all too. I do not know if the dog was reunited back with her owner or not, but I do know that the dog was going to survive according to the local vet when I called to check on her later in the day.