View Single Post
Old 11-15-2011, 01:31 PM
DeneK

1. Was married for 22 years -- been divorced 27. Learned my lesson the first time. LOL! Was seriously involved with someone for almost 10 years, but he died. Neither of us was interested in marriage though.

2. Love to read science fiction. Love space stuff. Would clean the toilets for a chance to join the first extraterrestrial colony. And yeah, I'm a Trek fan, but not a Trekkie.

3. Worked LOTS of different jobs- Clerk at DOT, Secretary to Assistant Football Coaches at FSU, Visa Rep at a bank, Secretary/Production Coordinator at major poultry producer's plant in N. Fla., Sales/Production Coordinator at a different major poultry company. I was managing sales for HK/China territory for a short time at Perdue Poultry (yup worked for the Chicken Man, Frank). I joined a trading company and bought/sold meat and poultry worldwide (mostly still in HK/China). Traveled there many times.

4. Introverted personality type. I don't do well in large groups. That used to bother me, but now I am happy with myself just the way I am. I don't do conflict and chaos. Just don't. I can't stand being around family arguments and nonsense. I treasure my time alone and have to work at being social enough not to turn into a complete hermit. I get my social "fix" right here and thru my few other online groups.

5. I am a member of Mensa.