View Single Post
Old 11-15-2011, 02:07 PM
quilter711

Default Please help me understand the process?

Can someone explain the process that quilt guild's follow when setting up a teacher for a class? I recently attended my first class that didn't seem very well organized. This made me curious to see how other guilds handle it. The issues were:

I think the teacher was over paid. Should the students be refunded or does the teacher keep the monies? We had to pay up front and then see how many members would sign up for the class. The up front monies were estimated at 10 members signing up. We had 18 members!!

Three items were to be purchased from the teacher if you chose to do so. Some students that had signed up for the three items were not able to purchase them. One of the items was fabric! No fabric, you cant' sew. How do you ensure that everyone has what is needed? Some members were walking away with 2 and 3 bundles of fabric.

I would appreciate any ideas and thoughts that I could make to the guild to have everyone enjoy a day of learning!! Thanks in advance for your help. This is a place of wonderful members that I value greatly!!