View Single Post
Old 11-15-2011, 02:55 PM
quiltinghere

Originally Posted by #1piecemaker View Post
Okay. Am I the only one that makes a tee total mess when I am quilting? It is like when I clean house. Everything winds up out of place before it gets put back in place. I really don't see the need of putting things back where they belong as long as I am using them. and, since I work on my quilting the majority of the time... why put things away? that way they are there when I need them next? Does anyone else feel this way? Or is it just me? My DH is an absolute neat freak and everything has to be in order. Maybe I am just rebeling against his ordeliness and am creating utter caos? What do you think?
Is your sewing area out in the midst of the regular house or is it in a room by itself? WHERE your sewing area is located would be the deciding factor for me.
If it's on a kitchen table, on one side of the family room, or in the bedroom you sleep in, I'd have to say 'clean it up'...at least a bit...when your done for the day. If it's in a room by itself (or even sharing with another area) or in the basement or other out of the way of everyone area...I say 'let it be' when your done for the day.
Good luck figuring out a happy medium!