View Single Post
Old 11-15-2011, 08:16 PM
Grandma58

I did it as well and I found it to be the most complex complicated not a bit clear nightmare pattern, oh and I hated it as well. I would not have gotten through it of some one at my local quilt store had not been often available to help. Of course I can not follow directions at all so who knows.
Originally Posted by cathyvv View Post
I've never seen it free. I bought it and hated it. i think the reason for that is twofold; one i am color challenged and even though I had the LQS staff help me with fabrics, i couldn't make it work for me, two, after i cut the fabric, I felt like the directions dropped me off a cliff without a parachute! The directions suddenly became extremely vague to me.

Now, I am the very logical type, worked as a systems analyst and usually can figure out directions, no matter how poorly written. Someone on the board suggested the pattern was too easy for me so I thought I was missing something in the directions and made it hard! That's possible, but I'm not usually a victim of 'analylsis paralysis'. My conclusion is that it was a case of fabric overload - too many fabrics/colors to co-ordinate and my brain just couldn't handle it!