Old 11-16-2011, 06:17 AM
pollyjvan9

Haven't read all of the pages but a lot of them and I have to add my 2 cents. I love applique. Maybe it is the frustrated artist in me. Due to a pinched nerve in my neck I am unable to do handwork so all my applique is by machine. I absolutely love raw edge. I usually use the buttonhole stitch on my Baby Lock Ellegante, but sometimes I just FMQ a straight line around all the pieces. Also, sometimes just for a change I sew the pieces on to dryer sheets right sides together and then turn them right side out and then buttonhole stitch. I do some thread painting. Not the real heavy stitching, just follow the outlines on designs.. I don't use the satin stitch because I get to impatient and don't slow down and stop and turn the way I should so it comes out looking messy. Those that can satin stitch a smooth line on curves and siz-zags really have my admiration. It looks wonderful when done correctly. I forgot the most important part of my machine applique. I "always" use fusible!!! I have used the expensive fusible and the inexpensive Wonder Under. I can't seem to tell the difference except at the cash register. Enough of my rambling. Everyone have fun. When will we see photos?