Thread: Peeping Tom
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2008, 04:06 PM
Feathers

I've sent a couple recipies in...I think they can be found on the recipe thread. I do have a new soup recipe that is so yummy. Soup is a comfort food for our family and anytime we get together with all our kids the grandkids make sure let gramma know they want their soup. I've always made them Winter Veggie soup and have even canned it in pints so the kids can take it to college and warm it in the microwave in their dorm but the recipe I'm going to share is a NEW one and everyone liked it at Christmas.

Quick and Easy Spicy Veggie Soup:

2 Cans "Veg-All" vegetables
2 Cans "Ranch Style" beans (Inthe baked bean section of store-NO Substitutes
2 Cans Rotel Tomatoes with Chilis (Can use regular canned tomatoes but the soupe won't be spicy).
2 Cans Minostroni Soup
1 Pound Hamburger
1 Onion Chopped small

Dump everything in your crock pot and let cook on low for about 4 hours. You can brown the hamburger first and drain off the fat or you can throw the crumbled raw hamburger in the pot while cooking then cool the soup down to solidify the fat on top and remove the hamburger fat before serving. It gets better if you make it one day and eat it the next.

This is wonderful and a real family pleaser. I made one pot of the soup with the Rotel and chilis and one pot with the regular canned tomatoes because some of our 30 + family members who were going to eat it don't like spicy. Both were well received, particularly the spicy. It's a spicy heat on your tongue but very pleasant flavor.