View Single Post
Old 11-16-2011, 08:15 AM
Havplenty

teresa it's good that you have acclimated yourself to the new board and like the new format but from many the comments (main link), many of the board members disagree with you. the board is no longer easy to navigate nor is it user friendly. the colors of the text and wallpaper are not condusive to long periods of navigation for many (including me) because it is hard on the eyes. it is like an expedition to find the things that you want and the creators of the board never posted a tutorial or tips page to assist board members with the new changes.

it is difficult for me to navigate the board because i cannot tolerate the colors. did you know the creators took away the option of having a black text? the darkest text available is this grey text and the only way to create a decent contrast between the text and the wallpaper color is to bold it. that makes no sense to me.

i am one who is computer savvy and have undergone major company software conversions. i believe in new and improved and i am not one who loathes changes so my observations are not coming from a place of being a change abhorer. i am sure the format of the board needed to change to accomodate the large growing community but more detailed communications to the board community would have been appropriate. the board colors make it hard for many to spend the extra time looking around the board to learn much of anything because of the eye strain. there are few navigational tools available. there are many asking a load of questions and the frustration level is high for many still.

imho, if you have mastered your way around the board you can be a really good resource for others here. to say this new format "really isn't as difficult as a lot of you make it out to be" may prove not be an accurate statement based upon the feedback that has been given by other board users and the reflections of patricej, one of the moderators. several board participants have left, just given up, some are participating a lot less and others are participating only as needed as they were involved in activities. hopefully as the board creators move along, they will think to create some navigational tools and tips and continue to improve the colors of the board. it would never occur to me to admonish others due to the difficulty they are having with the new format because so many are. it is not a figment of their imagination it is real the difficulties they are having. i just want to encourage everyone to hang in there and it will get better. when i don't know but i believe.

Originally Posted by mscupid804 View Post
To all who still HATE this board I have to say I felt the same on the 1st day BUT now I feel differently. I suggest to you all you do what I did, just take 5 or 10 mins and explore it. Start from the beginning and go to each and every topic and area on this board. You will be surprised at what you find. I know it can be very frustrating, it was for me too, so much so I was ready to quit. BUt then I took a deep breath and just went exploring and it really isn't as difficult as a lot of you make it out to be. Just try it, you'll get used to it like I did and will even find what you've been looking for. And too, we are here as a group to help those who are still having difficulty.

Last edited by Havplenty; 11-16-2011 at 08:18 AM.