Old 11-16-2011, 10:40 AM
Cre8tvlwyr

MillstreamMom -
The first block of the first row - A1 "Pinwheel Gone Awry" is an intermediate block. I havent attempted attachments on this board yet but I will try to attach the list of difficulty to this post. After that I will list the order I have come up with for the first 6months. I may slip a catch-up or break week in there along the way, depending on what the consensus is. I would like to keep everyone and see -at least 78 DJs at the end of our journey!!

Two of the easiest blocks are A6 -"Uncle Homer" and D-13 - "Field of Dreams"

I am starting with three beginner blocks: A6, A8, and B4
for those of you who have the software, A6 is one of the blocks that has a lesson from Brenda herself

To answer the other question about starting with beginners and moving up to advanced - I will start with a balance - When we get towards the end - we will be anxious to finish and I don't want to 'plague' us with all the advanced at the end. I have run my schedule by a few people who have done the DJ and they agree it is doable. A few mentioned that the schedule that was followed by DJ thread that started in Jan 2010 was doable - I looked and saw why so many people dropped - the first week had one of each- beginning, intermed, advanced blocks + an intermediate triangle!! The following three weeks had 12 intermediate and another advanced in the schedule - only 1 beginning block the first five weeks. No - I will not do that to us!! There will be some beginner blocks & triangles at the end.

I also want to try to finish rows as we go along - that way you have more of an incentive to keep going rather than building a collection of blocks.

OK - so to attach the difficulty list and then I will send the schedule I have so far. If you want to try to start - it is up to you - just be aware, I will not. I will stay a week or two ahead of you and intend to begin myself around the first of next year. But life is too full of happy celebrations and serious commitment with me right now, so I will not give any direction until January 15, 2012.

Time to gather fabrics and enjoy the holidays...
Attached Files
File Type: doc
DJ difficulty 2010.doc (226.0 KB, 94 views)