Thread: Hi There!
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2011, 01:35 PM
ssm-QC

Default Hi There!

Hi, my name is Steve and my user name is ssm-QC. I have to admit I've been doing some lurking occasionally.. even made a post or two but never did a formal introduction. I'm not a quilter so I didn't feel I had anything to contribute. I did reply to some inquieries about cutting mats as I know quite a bit the manufacturing end of things. My reason for joining was I work in the factory that makes the QuiltCut fabric system and I wanted to get a better understanding all things quilty I suppose you could say. That would surely help me to better serve quilters I thought. Well I told the owner I wanted to go to Fall Market in Houston because I felt I could do some good for the company. So off I went and I really enjoyed all the people I met. All the beautiful quilts really had an impact on me I hadn't anticipated however.. now I want quilt! It's not like I have don't have plenty of other "irons in the fire" as they say. I write for fly fishing magazines, am a photographer and even a model of sorts in fly fishing besides a day job. Skiing, yoga are some of my other activities. I can barely keep up on those things and I'm taking on a new hobby. I think it's going work out just fine because at work(Alto's) we need to make quilts to understand quilting better help sell our products etc. The owner told me I need to learn sewing techniques that directing relate to quilting. So now I'll get paid to learn to quilt! I ordered Cheryl Falls book Quilting for Dummies because I want to start at the beginning even though I have all kids of "ideas" in my head. I'm exited to get started on my first quilt... but I must warn everybody I'll be asking a few questions.. so thanks in advance for your help

I've attached a quilt made by great grandma.. it's suppose to be from the late 1800's?
Attached Thumbnails great-grandmas-quilt.jpg