View Single Post
Old 08-02-2009, 11:38 AM
kluedesigns
Banned

Originally Posted by peaceandjoy
Wow, what a great undertaking. At the same time as the IRR?!?! Hmm, I will be an empty-nester soon...

It sounds as if there is a book or DVD that would be needed? Would you give us the name of it, please, so I can look at it to see if this is crazy unrealistic?
the book is called Dear Jane. its more of a day journal by the author and doesn't really tell you how to make a quilt. it does have line drawings of the blocks but nothing more than that.

it doesn't even tell you much about jane's life because very little is really know about jane.

the software has much of the info in the book, tips on how to put the quilt together, extensive features on designing the quilt, how much fabric you need, and templates/patterns for each block. basically everything you'd expect from EQ software.

i just got my software yesterday. joann's has the software for $38 and shipping is free.

i would say check the book out from your library and then if you decide you'd like to make a DJ then buy the software to help you.

if you enjoy reading about barbara and her life then buy the Dear Jane book.