Old 11-17-2011, 11:03 AM
ThayerRags

Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
Thayerrags, it seems we all have way too many machines! I am sitting at 36 after giving a couple away, but not that many in the house. I am transforming a storage cargo unit to a sewing machine show house! I only keep the ones in the house that are very ornate, or I use! What does Grandma think about living with so many machines?
Nancy
I always say that “you can never have too much fabric or too many sewing machines”. Thirty-six is a nice number to build on, wouldn’t you say?

I guess that Grandma’s ok with it. She’s known about them since I began collecting them, and has been here for week-long visits with them. This will be the first time that she’s actually lived with them for any period of time though. I gave some away just to make room for her to move in. The total count hasn’t changed much, but some cabinets had to go. There just wasn’t room in our small frame house. Right after a Davis Vertical Feed treadle and two VF heads went out, a Singer 20 toy and a Singer 201K portable hand crank came in to replace them. The 20 and its box are on a tiny shelf up on the wall, so it’s a real “space saver”.

I should add that my wife is not a SM collector. She doesn’t have much use for a machine that she doesn’t use at one time or another. She sews, I collect.

CD in Oklahoma