View Single Post
Old 11-17-2011, 12:25 PM
vickyscott

Items priced under $20 sell the best. It is easier to appeal to the impulsive shopper.

Anything with cute sayings, sells well.

French country is very popular, Tuscan, and of course shabby chic, or cottage chic,
so plan your displays accordingly. Strong primary colors, for those who have kitchens
featuring deep blue and yellow, or the deep oranges, russets, gold. Then have a display
of pastel items, that will coordinate with shabby chic.

I noticed at a sale this past year, that small wooden child chairs, and benches were selling
like wild. One lady told me, she uses the small chairs in her decorating all thru the house.
On the fireplace hearth, in the kitchen for a stack of cookbooks, on the porch to hold a
pot of geraniums, so keep an eye out, at garage sales for those to resell, repaint etc.

I have been collecting frames, to insert a chalkboard into, that seems popular in kitchens
lately. And I have been painting the lower portion of terra cotta pots with chalkboard paint,
and adding a sweet thought in chalk calligraphy. These can be used in the sewing room to store
fat quarters to sewing implements.

Another sale, I noticed that sun hats were a popular item, from infants to adults.