Old 11-17-2011, 01:51 PM
melinda1962

Originally Posted by mpeters1200 View Post
Thank you to all of you who responded regarding my guide issue.

No, it doesn't hit the walking foot at all. It hits the needle bar.
I cant figure out a way to get it onto the machine any other way than the way that doesn't work. (I know, clear as mud)
I've not seen a guide that looks like that before. I do not have a walking foot for the FW, I have one for my janome. This guide came with the machine in the accessories box when I bought it.
There is no slot to push the guide into the side of the walking foot like there is on my janome foot.
If I take the walking foot off and use the guide instead, I don't think it will feed the quilt evenly.

I think I might just tape it. I'll call my machine guy at the shop I bought it from and verify that it really goes on my machine. I was so excited to have a guide and try it out, since quilting is IMPOSSIBLE on my janome, and it's so frustrating that it doesn't work. I still think I'm not doing something right somewhere, but I just can't figure out where.

I feel like charlie brown and Lucy took my ball AGAIN!
I have one like it that came in with a NIB sewing machine. The little forks go under the presser foot screw on the outside of the presser foot. I will try to attach it to the machine and get a pic up later tonight. I have a "block party" for pre-Christmas that I am taking my mom to right now. Hang in there.

Edit: I found the pic I was thinking of.
Attached Thumbnails quiltquide1.jpg  

Last edited by melinda1962; 11-17-2011 at 02:05 PM. Reason: Found the pic I have